- 21-Aug-2014 to 31-Dec-2014 (CST)
- TSGI - RAFB
- Warner Robins, GA, USA
- Full Time
Candidate will be required to assemble staging, scaffolds and work stands necessary to perform the full function of the shop. We will run three shifts. 1st shift 0700-1545 (M-F), 2nd shift 1515-2345 (M-F) and 3rd shift 2300-0600 (Sun-F).
- Perform all preparatory work (obtains supplies and equipment, sets up ladders and scaffolds, and covers items with drop cloths and tape).
- Prepare surfaces by mechanical means, i.e. scraping, wire brushing, masking, spackling, and sanding surfaces.
- Cleans, degreases, and removes oil or wax buildup so that coating materials will adhere properly.
- Mix, thin, blend, match, tint, and tone coating materials following specific oral and written directives and specifications.
- Apply coating materials such as primer, paint, varnish, and shellac, using standard application techniques and ensures that the coating finish meets surface protection requirements.
- Apply sophisticated coating materials such as, but not limited to, waterborne, elastomeric, and low volatile organic compounds materials to aircraft, engines, ground support equipment, and components
- Apply radiation-reflecting coatings to cockpit and canopy enclosures
- Candidate will be required to prepare the substrate for coating using a variety of pretreatment methods using chemicals, detergents and solvents in conjunction with high-pressure steam and water
- Paint insignias, lettering and designs on aircraft and components
- Perform wet and dry tape tests
- Perform fluid flushing and air vacuum cleaning of aircraft fuel tanks.
- Remove fuel tank braces for access to hard to reach areas.
- Remove anti-leak sealant and polyurethane paint material from fuel tank inner surfaces.
- Assist higher grade mechanics with cleaning of aircraft parts using solvents and other cleaning solutions
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two (2) years direct applicable or equivalent experience.
- Prefer experience from military fixed wing community (F/A-18, P-3, EA-6B,H-60) or civilian heavy structure background
- Prefer Military aircraft Paint & Insignia School/training
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to pass a background check and successfully complete a drug screen
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands, working at heights with fall protection devices.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds and carry for short distances.
- May be required to read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
- Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings and other small scales.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, APU, etc.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / VEVRAA /ADA
TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Tyonek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor who affords equal employment opportunity to protected veterans and people with disabilities: Tyonek Native Corporation allows all employees and job applicants' equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or national origin.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!