- 08-Jan-2013 to 26-Jul-2013 (CST)
- TSG - PAXP
- Patuxent River, MD, USA
- Full Time
Applies engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, design, develop, implement, test, and evaluate military weapon systems.
This position is for bid purposes.
- Reviews and prepares engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation.
- The engineer applies engineering experience to perform functions such as system integration, configuration management, quality assurance testing, or acquisition and resource management.
- Will analyze, design, develop, implement, test, and evaluate automated data processing software related to engineering or functional requirements of military weapon systems, associated support systems, or management information systems.
- The engineer will act as an engineering team leader or supervisor developing engineering procedures and controls, managing project efforts, and taking the lead in problem resolution.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in electronics/electrical engineering discipline from a school where the specified curriculum was accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) (or in related disciplines such as physics, mathematics or computer science).
- Must have at least 12 years experience associated with engineering functions as related to development, test, or evaluation of instrumentation systems.
- Possess an academic and work experience background in such areas as preparation of technical and operational test plans, prosecution of sophisticated tests, certification of systems, logistic support planning, technical data review, and analytical interpretation of test results. For a programming position, a background in programming is required.
- Must have at least 6 years technical engineering experience, which may include areas such as radar systems, electronic warfare, communications, aircraft electrical systems, aircraft instrumentation systems, telemetry systems, computer software/hardware, automated data processing systems, and computer systems interfacing.
- At least 2 years of the stated total must include performing engineering functions with respect instrumentation projects.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have or be able to obtain a Secret Clearance. The Secret Clearance process will include requesting a credit history.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing.
• TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Equal Opportunity Employer: Tyonek Native Corporation allows all employees and job applicants' equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or national origin.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. Must be able to walk or stand on level and/or inclined surfaces and sit for extended periods of time.
B. Must be able to routinely climb / descend stairs.
C. On occasion must be able to lift 30 pounds.
D. Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows / knees, and reach above / below shoulders.
E. Works in a normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!