- 08-Jan-2013 to 26-Jul-2013 (CST)
- TSG - PAXP
- Patuxent River, MD, USA
- Full Time
Works closely with design originators, preparing drawings or computer models of unusual, complex, or original designs that require a high degree of precision, performs unusually difficult assignments requiring considerable initiative, resourcefulness, and drafting expertise.
This posting is for bid purposes.
- Ensures that anticipated problems in manufacture, assembly, installation, and operation are resolved by the drawings produced
- Exercises independent judgment in selecting and interpreting data based on knowledge of the design intent.
- Although working primarily as a drafter, this worker may occasionally interpret general designs prepared by others to complete minor details, may provide advice and guidance to lower-level drafters or serve as coordinator and planner for large and complex drafting projects.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have completed a trade or technical school or completed military school in drafting, mechanical drawing, or engineering drawing
- At least 12 years of relevant experience. 14 years of experience can be substituted for the additional education requirements
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have or be able to obtain a Secret Clearance. The Secret Clearance process will include requesting a credit history.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing.
• TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Equal Opportunity Employer: Tyonek Native Corporation allows all employees and job applicants' equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or national origin. • To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. Must be able to walk or stand on level and/or inclined surfaces and sit for extended periods of time.
B. Must be able to routinely climb / descend stairs.
C. On occasion must be able to lift 30 pounds.
D. Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows / knees, and reach above / below shoulders.
E. Works in a normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!