- 06-Jan-2014 to 31-Dec-2014 (CST)
- TSG - JAX
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Full Time
Tyonek is seeking qualified candidates for potential future job openings.
Work a full range of aircraft sheet metal duties including, but not limited to, disassemble, modify, repair and reassemble complex aircraft metal items & systems, including bulkheads, airframe spars, wing scoops, flaps, fuselages, skins, ribs, gussets and internal and external fuel tanks.
- Candidate must be intimately familiar with all associate pneumatic and power riveting tools and sheet metal tools
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
- Must be familiar with U.S. Military aviation maintenance criteria and specifications
- Must be able to manufacture, fabricate, develop, install and repair a variety of items from a variety of metals including high strength steel, titanium, aluminum and numerous alloys, fiberglass and honeycomb/composite skins.
- Other Duties as Assigned
Education /Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A&P license not required but a plus
- Prefer experience from military fixed wing community (F/A-18, P-3, EA-6B,H-60) or civilian heavy structure background
- Five (5) years relevant experience in heavy structures or military aviation background
- Must have Military installation DEPOT level maintenance experience
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to pass a background check and successfully complete a drug screen
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- May be required to see aircraft in flight, read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
- Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings and other small scales.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, APU, etc.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / VEVRAA /ADA
TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Tyonek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and a VEVRAA governed Federal Contractor who affords equal employment opportunity to protected veterans and people with disabilities. TNC provides all employees and job applicants equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, national origin or any other reason prohibited by law.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!