- 08-Jan-2013 to 06-May-2013 (CST)
- TSG - FT HoodP
- Fort Hood, TX, USA
- Full Time
Removes and installs aircraft subsystem assemblies and components such as engines, rotors, transmissions, mechanical flight controls and their components.
This posting is for Bid Purposes
• Services and lubricates aircraft and subsystems
• Safely prepares aircraft for inspections and maintenance checks and services
• Performs scheduled inspections and assists in performing special inspections
• Performs limited maintenance operational checks and diagnoses and troubleshoots aircraft systems using special tools and test equipment as required
• Uses and performs operator maintenance on tools, special tools and aircraft ground support equipment.
• Mechanic applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as aircraft Technical Manuals, Maintenance Information and Action Messages and all technical guidance provided through government official representatives
• Individuals must have a thorough knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting, repair procedures and replacement of parts
• Individual must have basic knowledge of electrical theory and a thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers
• This job requires a working knowledge of technical publications and the Army's Aviation Logistics Information System, ULLS-A(E)
• Individual must be able to prioritize workloads and is required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks
• This worker participates in maintenance test flights and operation checks as required
• Additionally, shall possess the level of experience to inspect all required aeronautical type maintenance to be performed by Mechanic I
• Shall meet the requirements of the Army MOS 15U30 per DA PAM 611-21 (CH-47 Helicopter Repairer)
• Other duties as assigned
• High school graduate
• Must have at least 3 years aviation maintenance experience within the past 6 years
• Must have Army MOS 15U30
• Proficiency in MS Office suite.
• Must be a US Citizen
• Must have or be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
• We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing.
• TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Equal Opportunity Employer: Tyonek Native Corporation allows all employees and job applicants' equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or national origin.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical Requirements:
A. Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
B. Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands, working at heights with fall protection devices.
C. Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
D. May be required to lift up to 50 pounds and carry for short distances.
E. May be required to read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
F. Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings and other small scales.
G. Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
H. Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
I. May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, APU, etc.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!