- 08-Jan-2013 to 06-May-2013 (CST)
- TSG - FT HoodP
- Fort Hood, TX, USA
- Full Time
Operates a straight truck, over 4 tons, and usually 10 wheels.
This posting is for Bid Purposes
• Operates all wheel vehicles and equipment over varied terrain and roadways for support of operations.
• Worker drives a truck to transport materials, merchandise, equipment, or workers between various types of establishments such as: warehouses, open storage lots, and maintenance facilities, and secures cargo against inclement weather, pilferage, and damage.
• This driver may also load or unload truck with or without assistance, tie down loads to prevent shifting, make minor mechanical repairs, and keep truck in good working order.
• They operate vehicle component material handling equipment (MHE), as required.
• Employs land navigation techniques.
• Workers must be knowledgeable with the operation of radios and weapons when they are mounted on the vehicle and performs vehicle self-recovery and field expedients to include towing vehicles.
• Corrects or reports all vehicle deficiencies; supports mechanics where necessary.
• Prepares vehicles for movement/shipment by air, rail, or vessel.
• Worker organizes and participates in convoys; dispatches vehicles; verifies vehicle logbooks; receives and fills requests from authorized persons for motor support; and compiles time, mileage and load data.
• Worker may operate vehicles such as the Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Transport (HEMETT), Heavy Equipment Transporter (HET), and Palletized Loading System (PLS) vehicles to include performing self-recovery operations.
• Drivers must possess the appropriate CDL classification for their job category, have attended a course regarding Ammo Awareness, as well as, one that certifies worker to transport Hazardous Materials (see classes under ECO and HAZMAT Technician) and have at a minimum, four (4) years like experience.
• Rated capacity is the gross vehicle weight minus the empty weight of the vehicle
• Other Duties as Assigned
• Candidate must have a minimum of 4 years experience
• Must be possess a valid CDL
• Must have both Ammo Awareness and HAZMAT Transportation certification
• Must be a US Citizen
• Must have or be able to obtain pass a National Agency Check
• We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing
• TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Equal Opportunity Employer: Tyonek Native Corporation allows all employees and job applicants' equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or national origin.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical Requirements:
A. Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
B. Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands, working at heights with fall protection devices.
C. Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
D. May be required to lift up to 50 pounds and carry for short distances.
E. May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind.
F. May be required to wear personal protective equipment, where applicable.
G. Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
H. May be required to work in areas that are noisy, dusty and dirty.
I. May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, APU, etc.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!