- 08-Jan-2013 to 06-May-2013 (CST)
- TSG - FT HoodP
- Fort Hood, TX, USA
- Full Time
Repairs, rebuilds, or overhauls major assemblies of internal combustion automobiles, forklifts, trucks or tractors.
This posting is for Bid Purposes
• Work involves most of the following: Diagnosing the source of trouble and determining the extent of repairs required; replacing worn or broken parts such as piston rings, bearings, or other engine parts; grinding and adjusting valves; rebuilding carburetors; overhauling transmissions; and repairing fuel injection, lighting, and ignition systems.
• In general, the work of the Motor Vehicle Mechanic requires rounded training and experience usually acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent.
• Also, washing, cleaning, and lubricating vehicles and other preventative maintenance; loading, unloading, and storing automotive parts and supplies; and maintaining work areas.
• Other Duties as Assigned
• Candidate must have a minimum of 3 years of ground mechanic experience in the last 6 years
• Must be a US Citizen
• Must have or be able to obtain pass a National Agency Check
• We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing
• TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Equal Opportunity Employer: Tyonek Native Corporation allows all employees and job applicants' equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or national origin.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical Requirements:
A. Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
B. Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands, working at heights with fall protection devices.
C. Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
D. May be required to lift up to 50 pounds and carry for short distances.
E. May be required to read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
F. Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings and other small scales.
G. Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
H. Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
I. May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, APU, etc.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!