- 08-Jan-2013 to 06-May-2013 (CST)
- TSG - FT HoodP
- Fort Hood, TX, USA
- Full Time
Analyzes business or scientific problems for resolution through electronic data processing, gathers information from users, defines work problems, and, if feasible, designs a system of computer programs and procedures to resolve the problems.
This posting is for Bid Purposes
• Shall at a minimum possess a SECRET security clearance, meet requirements as a System Administrator (SA) I outlined below, and be familiar with both ULLS-A(E) and SAMS-E STAMIS.
• This type worker analyzes business or scientific problems for resolution through electronic data processing, gathers information from users, defines work problems, and, if feasible, designs a system of computer programs and procedures to resolve the problems.
• This Worker develops complete specifications or enables other Computer Programmers to prepare required programs and analyzes subject-matter operations to be automated; specifies number and types of records, files, and documents to be used and outputs to be produced; prepares work diagrams and data flow charts; coordinates tests of the system and participates in trial runs of new and revised systems; and recommends computer equipment changes to obtain more effective operations.
• The Computer Systems Analyst may also write the computer programs.
• An SA position is purely technical; they are responsible for installing Army and Ft. Hood approved hardware and software.
• The SA shall also be expected to troubleshoot issues with network connections, programs, email and internet.
• Special requirements for SA Level I: Skillport Comp TIA A+ 220 701 & 802 Modules or Comp TIA Network+ 2009 Skillport modules, depending on whether you want A+ or Net+ certification.
• Getting commercially certified as an SA Level I will require successful completion of the A+, SSCP, or Net+ exam. Also, a SA Level I Computing Environment Certification requires IAT I certification in one of the following: Microsoft: MCP (Legacy) or MCTS; Cisco: CCENT; HP: APS; Comptia: Linux+ or A+; Linux Prof Inst: LPCIC1; SANS GAIC: GCUX; or Apple: ACA or ACSP.
• The Computer Systems Analyst III applies systems analysis and design techniques to complex computer systems in a broad area such as manufacturing, finance management, engineering, accounting, or statistics, logistics planning, material management, etc.
• Usually, there are multiple users of the system; however, there may be complex one-user systems, e.g., for engineering or research projects.
• This position requires competence in all phases of systems analysis techniques, concepts, and methods and knowledge of available system software, computer equipment, and the regulations, structure, techniques, and management practices of one or more subject-matter areas.
• Since input data usually come from diverse sources, this worker is responsible for recognizing probable conflicts and integrating diverse data elements and sources, and produces innovative solutions for a variety of complex problems.
• The Computer Systems Analyst III maintains and modifies complex systems or develops new subsystems such as an integrated production scheduling, inventory control, cost analysis, or sales analysis record in which every item of each type is automatically processed through the full system of records.
• The incumbent guides users in formulating requirements, advises on alternatives and on the implications of new or revised data processing systems, analyzes resulting user project proposals, identifies omissions and errors in requirements and conducts feasibility studies.
• This analyst recommends optimum approach and develops system design for approved projects, interprets information and informally arbitrates between system users when conflicts exist.
• This worker may serve as lead analyst in a design subgroup, directing and integrating the work of one or two lower level analysts, each responsible for several programs. In this position, the incumbent works independently under overall project objectives and requirements, and apprises supervisor about progress and unusual complications; existing systems provide precedents for the operation of new subsystems.
• Other Duties as Assigned
• Candidate must have a minimum of 8 years of computer programming experience
• Bachelor's Degree preferred. Experience may be substituted for education
• Must be familiar with both ULLS-A(E) and SAMS-E STAMIS software
• Must be able to maintain and modify complex systems
• Must be a US Citizen
• Must have or be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
• We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing
• TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Equal Opportunity Employer: Tyonek Native Corporation allows all employees and job applicants' equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or national origin.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical Requirements:
A. Must be able to walk or stand on level and/or inclined surfaces and sit for extended periods of time.
B. Must be able to routinely climb / descend stairs.
C. On occasion must be able to lift 30 pounds.
D. Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows / knees, and reach above / below shoulders.
E. Works in a normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!