- 08-Jan-2013 to 06-May-2013 (CST)
- TSG - FT HoodP
- Fort Hood, TX, USA
- Full Time
Performs one or more accounting tasks such as; posting to registers and ledgers; balancing and reconciling accounts; verifying the internal consistency, completeness, and mathematical accuracy of accounting documents. In addition, tasks include; assigning prescribed accounting distribution codes; examining and verifying the clerical accuracy of various types of reports, lists, calculations, and postings.
This posting is for Bid Purposes
• This position is responsible for preparing journal vouchers; making entries of adjustments to accounts; and working with spreadsheets.
• Level III requires a knowledge and understanding of the established and standardized bookkeeping and accounting procedures and techniques used in an accounting system, or a segment of an accounting system where there are few variations in the types of transactions handled.
• In addition, most jobs at each level will require a basic knowledge and understanding of the terminology, codes, and processes used in an automated accounting system.
• The Accounting Clerk III maintains journals or subsidiary ledgers of an accounting system and balances and reconciles accounts.
• Typical duties include one or both of the following: 1.) reviewing invoices and statements verifying information, ensuring sufficient funds have been obligated, and if questionable, resolving with the submitting unit determining accounts involved. The review will include coding transactions, and processing material through data processing for application in the accounting system; 2.) analysis and reconciliation of computer printouts with operating unit reports (contacting units, researching causes of discrepancies, and taking action to ensure that accounts balance).
• Supervisor provides suggestions for handling unusual or non-recurring transactions.
• Conformance with requirements and technical soundness of completed work are reviewed by the supervisor, or are controlled by mechanisms built into the accounting processes.
• Other Duties as Assigned
• The qualified applicant must have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
• Shall perform a variety of clerical, administration, and accounting duties necessary to ensure accounts and ledgers are accurately maintained
• Must be a US Citizen
• Must have or be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
• We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing
• TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Equal Opportunity Employer: Tyonek Native Corporation allows all employees and job applicants' equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or national origin.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical Requirements:
A. Must be able to walk or stand on level and/or inclined surfaces and sit for extended periods of time.
B. Must be able to routinely climb / descend stairs.
C. On occasion must be able to lift 30 pounds.
D. Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows / knees, and reach above / below shoulders.
E. Works in a normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!