- 08-Jan-2013 to 06-May-2013 (CST)
- TSG - FT HoodP
- Fort Hood, TX, USA
- Full Time
Performs a variety of general personnel clerical tasks in such areas as employee records, benefits, education, training, employment/staffing, compensation, employee labor relations, and equal employment opportunity/affirmative action.
This posting is for Bid Purposes
• The Personnel Assistant may conduct surveys and update manual and automated personnel records
• At the higher levels, assistants perform limited aspects of personnel professionals' work such as interviewing candidates, recommending placements, performing compensation or benefit support activities involving contacts throughout the company, and preparing communications to various third party benefit vendors
• Excluded are workers who primarily compute and process payrolls
• This position serves as a clerical expert in independently processing the most complicated types of personnel actions, e.g., temporary employment, rehires, and dismissals
• In this position, one may perform tasks beyond routine clerical such as: pre-employment drug screening and new hire orientation, responding to routine questions on policy and procedures, and/or provide reports on employee turnover or time and attendance
• This assistant may be asked to evaluate and consolidate information from various sources under short deadlines, such as internal or external survey information, reporting on company employment statistics (retention, equal opportunity reporting, etc)
• This level requires extensive knowledge of various office software packages. Guidance is provided as needed
• Work may be checked occasionally
• Other Duties as Assigned
• The qualified applicant must have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
• Shall perform a variety of clerical and administration task
• Must be a US Citizen
• Must have or be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
• We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing
• TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Equal Opportunity Employer: Tyonek Native Corporation allows all employees and job applicants' equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or national origin.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical Requirements:
A. Must be able to walk or stand on level and/or inclined surfaces and sit for extended periods of time.
B. Must be able to routinely climb / descend stairs.
C. On occasion must be able to lift 30 pounds.
D. Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows / knees, and reach above / below shoulders.
E. Works in a normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions.