- 08-Jan-2013 to 06-May-2013 (CST)
- TSG - FT HoodP
- Fort Hood, TX, USA
- Full Time
AH-64 Maintenance Test Pilot This position is pending contract award
- AH-64D Maintenance Test Pilot
- Plan Missions
- Conduct any type of Maintenance Test Flight's
- Conduct Ferry Flights
- Conduct EMC checks
- Conduct any other test support missions as needed or directed
- Act as a subject matter expert as needed to support the missions of the US Army
- Prepare flight plans considering such factors as altitude, terrain, weather, aircraft, crew capabilities, operational and training requirements and flight procedures
- Test both normal and emergency functions of aircraft systems
- Coordinate and direct flight phases of test or support with other aircraft
- Maintain flight records and reports observations made during mission
- Provide detailed and effective communications with ground maintenance personnel on results of maintenance test, acceptance test flights and all other flights as required
- Determine the need to re-fly or fix-and-fly all deficiencies noted in-flights
- During non-flight periods is capable of performing the duties of Technical Inspector as needed
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned
- The applicant must have a minimum of 1000 hours first pilot time
- Must be qualified as a Maintenance Test Pilot in the AH-64D and have at least a FAA Commercial Pilot or Airline Transport Pilot certificate
- A qualified applicant must be able to serve as an Aircraft Commander in accomplishing maintenance, acceptance and other test flights and support missions as prescribed by customer requirements
- Must have a current or have the ability to pass and maintain FAA or Military Class II flight physical
- You must be able to pass hands on flight evaluation for currency
- Must be a US Citizen
- Applicant must be a graduate of the US Army Aircraft Maintenance Officers course (AMOC Phase I) and have completed Phase II of the AH-64D MTP Course
- Must have or be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing.
TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Equal Opportunity Employer: Tyonek Native Corporation allows all employees and job applicants' equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or national origin.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A. Must possess physical dexterity and coordination to qualify for Federal Aviation Administration Commercial Pilot Certificate
- B. Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for up to twelve (12) hours per day and sit for up to eight (8) hours per day.
- C. Must be able to perform non-rated crewmember duties during mission operations
- D. Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
- E. Must be able to climb stairs.
- F. Must be able to read and interpret newspaper and typewritten print, maps, aeronautical charts, and weather charts.
- G. Must be able to grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- H. Must be able to see aircraft in flight, read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
- I. Must meet or exceed Federal Aviation Administration minimum visual acuity and hearing standards for Class II medical certificate.
- J. Must be physically capable of climbing vertical ladders or built-in aircraft steps to heights of 10-12 feet.
- K. May be exposed to chemical mist, gas, vapors, ultra-violet and infrared radiation.
- L. May be required to lift up to 50 pounds to a height of four (4) feet and be required to lift up to 20 pounds to a height of seven (7) feet.
- M. May be exposed to certain obstructions on the surface as well as ladders, stairs, etc.
- N. May be exposed to rapid or extreme temperature changes.
- O. May be required to meet Night Vision Goggle Vision Requirements: 20/100 near and FAR sight correctable to 20/20, be able to focus Night Vision Goggle at minimum distance of 20 feet.