This is job is at a Depot Level repair facility. Specific training and certification with Integrated Electronics, Targeting Surveillance & Radar Systems, Air Data Systems/Electrical.
- Tests, troubleshoots, repairs, overhauls, modifies, aligns and maintains complete electronic/electro-optic systems and subsystems comprised of: Optic Sensors, Converters, Infrared Receivers, Optic Stabilizers, Control Processors, Forward Assemblies, Lasers, and Turrets.
- Must be able to follow engineering instructions, directives, and manufacturer publications to perform test, fault analysis, isolation, repair and retest of airborne units being processed.
- Must have a working knowledge of infrared emission/reception and other optical principles, including laser detection and tracking including knowledge of cryogenics, analog/digital computers, gyroscopes, servos, syncros and resolvers.
- Required to perform other tasks as assigned such as maintaining electronic airborne systems and integrated subsystems which consists of: air data monitoring, flight control, temperature control, fuel control, and airborne directional/attitude reference systems including ID 1540/A Horizontal Situation Indicators, ID 2163A and APN-194 Radar Altimeters, ID 1556/AJN45 Flight Directional Indicators, ID1329/A Attitude Directional Indicators, and other complex integrated components.
- Electronic theory is usually acquired through technical training such as a two-year trade school or equivalent apprenticeship, or military training in the AT/ET/AQ ratings.
- Must have a broad working knowledge of one or more of the following: Communication, Navigation, Electronic Countermeasures, Radar or other systems. Must have overall working knowledge of ATE, mechanical measuring devices, jigs, and fixtures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Instruments/FLIR/Electro-Optics and Laser components.
- 2M Micro-Miniature Repair experience/certification MANDATORY
- Current training/certification from U.S. Navy schools in the past five (5) years a plus.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have a Secret Clearance
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing.
• TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Equal Opportunity Employer: Tyonek Native Corporation allows all employees and job applicants' equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or national origin. • To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
B. Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
C. Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
D. May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
E. May be required to see aircraft in flight, read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
F. Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings and other small scales.
G. Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
H. Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
I. May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, APU, etc.